Redefining risk so commerce can thrive.
The following products are available exclusively through licenced FAIS insurance intermediaries. Contact your broker for a quote.
In line with Camargue’s M³ philosophy of managing, mitigating and migrating critical business risks, in addition to the insurance coverage provided you also have access to various risk management services.
To find out more please contact your broker or download the brochure below.
A vulnerability scan is an inspection of the potential weaknesses in the security of a computer network.
The CVS only requires the details of your externally facing internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, in order to examine for known vulnerabilities. Therefore it sees only what an outside intruder would see (like your locks, alarm and motion detectors) and tests the perimeter security – with no work required by you.
Policyholders, across all product lines, insured through Camargue Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd (“Camargue”) may access this risk management service.
Memorandum on recent Medical Malpractice case lawRead story
This is a summary of relevant authority and case law in respect of an insurer’s right to repudiate liability under a policy due to late notification if timeous notice in respect of circumstances which may give rise to a claim is not given.Read story
Our training has been extended to offer Class of Business Training as per competence fit and proper requirements in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act 37 of 2002.Read more
Since 2010, Camargue Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd (“Camargue”) has provided training to South Africa’s insurance industry. Our programme is designed to share the power of knowledge by making specialist products accessible to all insurance professionals. We are delighted to present the increased scope of our training through the Camargue Academy.
Training sessions are offered in the following formats:
1. At Camargue’s offices in Melrose Estate, Johannesburg, on a regular basis unless states elsewhere.
2. At countrywide roadshows throughout the year.
3. Online Camargue Academy.
Through distinguished partnerships, the Camargue Academy contains a wide selection of topical training sessions which are accredited by the Insurance Institute of South Africa (“IISA”). We encourage insurance professionals to make use of these valuable knowledge transfer sessions as we collectively contribute to the development of the insurance industry at large.
Our training provides for:
1. FAIS CPD: As per continuous professional development fit and proper requirements in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act 37 of 2002.
2. Product Specific Training: As per competence fit and proper requirements in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act 37 of 2002. In terms of Board Notice 194 of 2017 Determination of Fit and Proper Requirements for Financial Services Providers, a representative must complete product specific training, prior to the rendering of any financial service in respect of a particular financial product. Key individuals and representatives (not under supervision) on the register on 1 April 2018 are deemed competent in respect of product specific training but only in respect of the products applicable to them on 1 April 2018. Our sessions are accredited by the IISA should you be a member and require CPD hours for their professional standards. We highly recommend that all representatives of financial services providers that place business with us undertake our product specific training despite regulatory exemptions.
3. Class of Business Training: As per competence fit and proper requirements in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act 37 of 2002. In terms of Board Notice 194 of 2017 Determination of Fit and Proper Requirements for Financial Services Providers, a representative must complete class of business training, prior to the rendering of any financial service in respect of a particular financial product. Key individuals are required to complete class of business training prior to managing or overseeing a financial service in respect of the relevant class of business.
Important: Your responsibilities relating to training
Product Specific Training:
- A FSP must ensure that its key individuals and representatives have completed class of business training and product specific training.
- A FSP must within 15 days after the training had occurred, record it in their training register and retain for not less than 5 years after FSP/representative/key individual ceases to render/manage financial services in respect of that product.
- A FSP must within a reasonable time after being requested to do so by a product supplier, provide confirmation that it’s representatives have obtained requisite class of business and product specific training, where the product supplier requires the confirmation in order to ensure compliance with its own legal obligation.
- A FSP, key individual and representative must comply with CPD requirements and ensure that activities undertaken are relevant to their business.
- A FSP must establish policies and procedures to ensure that its representatives and key individuals maintain and update their knowledge and skills, and ensure that training plans are in place for each CPD cycle.
- A FSP must maintain a training register containing the CPD activities of the FSP, its key individuals and representatives. The total number of CPD hours obtained per person must be calculated and evidence of CPD activities must be recorded. The evidence of CPD activities must be retained for a period of five years from the end of the CPD cycle concerned.
Camargue will send a confirmation of attendance/completion of our training sessions. Please ensure that these are sent to the relevant person at your FSP responsible for maintaining the training register.
“We’ve relied on them on several occasions where client discretion was of the utmost importance”
“We wouldn't feel comfortable trusting anyone else to represent our company in legal matters”