- Yes, the Products Liability and Defective Workmanship sections have been combined. This means that if one is selected, there is automatic cover for the other.
- There are significant benefits to this:
- Most clients only select Products liability, ignoring Defective Workmanship (or visa versa). Their thinking being to only insure the greater perceived risk, but all too often the loss arises from an unexpected source.
- Sometimes it is difficult to establish if the nature of the claim is that of Defective Workmanship or if it is a Products Liability claim. By automatically giving cover for both, any possible dispute is eliminated.
- It reduces the broker’s PI risk