- The following malicious damage caused by anyone (including employees) is covered:
- Electronic data (excluding damage caused by employees using a computer virus)
- Electronic storage media (e.g. computer memory stick, CDs, DVDs and computer hard drives)
- Computer programs
- Physical records (e.g. arch level files and the cost of the paper in the file) provided that they are damaged as part of a theft
- An important exception to this is that there is no cover for any loss caused by a non-executive who is director, partner, member or principal in the Insured.
- There is no cover for malicious damage caused to other property (including computers – except for the data storage media mentioned above).